Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Taupe and Black

express sweater (similar, similar)
button-up, old
kohl's boots (similar, similar)
scarf, thrifted (similar, similar)

Still coughing up a lung over here, but my voice has returned.  I've heard this virus hangs on for a few weeks!  Lovely! :)  Plus it's a snow day here because of the frigid temperatures.  Guess I'll be doing some baking with the girls today.

Recently my friend Katie gave me this sweater (thanks sweet friend!!).  She no longer wore it and wanted to give it a good home, so of course I was thrilled with the gift!  One more item to style in different ways! It's a pretty taupe color, and a nice low v-neck.  I wore my white with black pinstripes button-up underneath, and added the black scarf for some color near my face.  I opted for bootcut jeans and ankle boots to complete the look.

In writing this post, I realized I have been wearing a LOT of black and tan colors this season.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  I think I need to invest in a few more colorful pieces for winter.  I really like to have color near my face so I don't feel so washed out.  Perhaps another colorful scarf?  I know that clearance sales are in full force at the mall, so I'll be checking them out!


Linking up here.

16 comments:

  1. Taupe+Black are safe colors but always a classy combo. Love that you paired them with denim.

    P.S. Join my link up tomorrow. Thanks so much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layering! :)

    <3 rhea @ rheaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhea! I'm all about layering! :)

      Delete
  3. You are always so well put together!! I hope you start to feel better soon. We have been hit with virus after virus at house over the last couple of weeks so I feel you pain!

    Brooke
    pumps and push-ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! I hope this cough goes away soon too and that everyone in your house is feeling better!

      Delete
  4. HI Stephanie,
    You look lovely. I love a cozy sweater and this is a pretty one with your jeans and boots. It is cold here in Charlotte, but no snow. Happy 2015!
    from the link up
    please stopby, jess xx
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I gravitate to black and white a lot and am starting to incorporate a little more tan/beige into my wardrobe. Nothing wrong with the classics in my opinion! I love the stripes layered under your sweater- looks great!
    Gina - On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better. Baking sounds like such a perfect activity for a snow day. I love black and taupe together - it's such a classic combo!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! We had a great time making muffins!

      Delete
  7. I love this color combination and never tire of it myself. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Looking so cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layering here...hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent layering, beautiful outfit! Thank you for joining the Trendy Wednesday blog link up.

    Leanne,
    Classy Yet Trendy
    http://www.classyyettrendy.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...