Friday, January 16, 2015

Autumn Soup Recipe


Okay, we've gone over this before.  I'm not a photographer and won't pretend to be one.  Food photography is difficult, and this is my best photo of this soup.  I really tried! :)

This recipe came from my Aunt many, many years ago but has just recently become a favorite in my home.  Even my picky daughters love this soup!  It's chock full of vegetables and warms you right up on these cold winter days.  It's easy to make and very filling.  Leftovers are wonderful too!

Autumn Soup
1 lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 med. onion, chopped
2-3 c. water
3/4 c. celery, diced
3/4 c. carrots, diced
2 large potatoes, diced
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped (I used canned diced tomatoes)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
pinch of basil
1 tsp. chili powder

Brown ground beef (turkey) in a large pot and drain.  Add remaining ingredients and heat on high until it comes to a boil.  Cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 1 hour, or until vegetables are soft.  Enjoy with a salad and bread!

You can also follow along with me on...

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the photo, the soup looks yummy. I'm the only person in my household who appreciates a good bowl of soup. Thank goodness today is grocery shopping day, now I can get the items needed to make your recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I hope you like it as much as my family does. It's pretty healthy too!

      Delete
  2. I would probably love this soup, since it has a lot of tomatoes in it! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! Hope you try it sometime!

      Delete
  3. Mhmmm, sounds so tasty, yummy yummy!! Unfortunately my husband doesn't like soups like this, but I surely will make it for me.

    Have a nice Sunday
    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm... great soup for the last vestiges of winter. Thanks for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...