Saturday, December 6, 2014

Scrabble Tile Ornaments


My daughters love to be crafty, especially around Christmas.  For some reason, we realized we had two Scrabble games and one was falling apart.  I knew the perfect thing to do!  Make Christmas ornaments!  They carefully selected the tiles for the words they wanted and were able to come up with quite a few.

They placed their tiles out the way they wanted them, and then we cut 1/4" grosgrain ribbon to our desired length and then they glued the tiles to the ribbon with craft glue.  We then made bows and glued them to the top of the ornament above the word.

These are just a few of the ornaments they made, but they turned out so cute!!

Linking up here.

18 comments:

  1. Cute idea for Scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making ornaments with scrabbles tiles, I find it can get quite challenging to think of words once the letters start to run out! I have tried downloading printable ones online which works quite well. I love the words you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little challenging to come up with different words, but my girls had fun with it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Truly adorable! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday, now the question is, what are you going to use the scrabble board for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not really sure what to do with the board. :)

      Delete
  4. These are really cute! I've collected a few old scrabble games from garage sales. This would be a good way to use them :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you come up with another way to use the tiles, please let me know. I'd love to see what you do!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! Great DIY ornaments! Thanks for sharing this!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW they are like the sweetest and easiest things to do this christmas. Anyways im playing scrabble so i guess i can put it to use this way :)

    Love from India
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This post is going to be featured over at Diana Rambles tomorrow and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest, Tweeted, and Recommended on G+. Please grab a featured button off my sidebar or via the link under the features. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love these! Pinning so I remember when I can find some Scrabble tiles! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...