Monday, December 1, 2014

Meatball Grinder Sandwiches

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and if you're like me, I'm sure you've had your fill of turkey for awhile!  OK, so I'm not the best food photographer, but that doesn't mean I can't give you a great recipe!  I really tried taking photos, but they just didn't look good, so I made a graphic instead. :)  Meatball Grinder Sandwiches are very popular at my house.  We all love them and they are super easy to make.


Meatball Grinder Sandwiches
Serves 4-6

1/3 c. fresh breadcrumbs
1 lb. ground beef (I use extra lean ground turkey)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
flour, for coating
2 TBS. olive oil
salt and pepper
2-3 c. pasta sauce of your choice (I make homemade)
hoagie rolls, or buns of your choice
shredded mozzarella cheese

Put the breadcrumbs in a large bowl with the beef, garlic, egg, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.  Mix well.  Flour your hands lightly and roll the mixture into walnut-size balls.  Heat olive oil in large pan and carefully place meatballs in the pan and pour your pasta sauce over them.  Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, turning the meatballs occasionally.  When cooked through, place on a split hoagie roll and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.  Add a green salad on the side and dinner is served!

If you don't want to make the meatballs from scratch, you could always buy the frozen meatballs and use instead.  Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

Linking up here.

10 comments:

  1. Haha I can't tell you how many food pictures I have thrown in the recylce bin too ^^
    These look delicious! I'm always needing for meat recipes for my carnivore hubby <3

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny about the pictures! I tried so many times and they just didn't look right, so I opted for the graphic! Hope you try making these!

      Delete
  2. Tasty! We love meatballs at our house. I often forget to make them into sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good!!!

    Rosa

    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like something my boys would love! Might just have to give this a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so good! I like to make a big batch of meatballs and then I freeze some... saves me a lot of time for future meals! We usually eat them in spaghetti, but should try in a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...