Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Homemade Sugar Scrub For Holiday Gifts

Last year my daughters gave homemade sugar scrubs to their teachers and girlfriends for Christmas gifts.  We had fun making it into different scents and colors and it's a great gift to give!  Who doesn't like to pamper themselves?! 


I bought these cute little jars at Hobby Lobby and glued some ribbon and a bow around the jar lid.  I made this little tag and printed it out on cardstock, punched a hole in the corner, and tied it to the jar with raffia.

I think they turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!  These were inexpensive and easy to make and they smelled soooo.... good!  They feel great too!

There are numerous recipes out there, but this is the one we used and had great results!

Sugar Scrub Recipe
3 c. white granulated sugar
1 c. canola oil or vegetable oil
Fragrance of your choice (we used soap fragrance so it was safe for skin)
Colorant (we used soap colorant so it was safe for skin)

Mix sugar and oil together in a glass bowl.  Feel free to add more sugar or oil to get the desired consistency. Add desired amount of fragrance and colorant and mix well.  Spoon into your already decorated jar.  Enjoy!

Linking up here.

23 comments:

  1. Such a simple and great idea. I've always wanted to make this!

    Becky
    @bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about making sugar scrubs for presents. It makes for such an individual and loving gift as you've spent time doing it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how cute these look! :)

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped over from Take a Look Tuesday. I definitely want to try this for teacher gifts this year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are going to try it! The teachers will love it!

      Delete
  6. Great gift idea! I recently made this at a craft party!! So easy! Love it! Glad I found you today on the Style Elixer link up! I am now following

    xoxo
    Ashley
    www.arrayofstyle.com
    Stop By Sometime

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! Thanks! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made my own scrub for years, and I always like seeing different takes on it - it's a great gift idea! Thanks so much for sharing & linking up at #SoMe2 this week - hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! Glad you tried making it for gifts!

      Delete
  9. Such a great idea! I have seen a few people make this before... I've always thought about it! I may give it a shot this weekend! Thanks for sharing! :) Pinning this now! Thanks for joining the celebrate southern linkup!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh fun! What great gift ideas! i am pinning this to my personal account too so that I can come back to it whenever I need! Thanks for sharing this with Celebrate Southern! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got a gift like this last year from my neice, and boy did it smell good but unfortunately I never tried it til it was too late and looked watery. A friend of mine also gave me something similar when I was pregnant with the twins and it was heaven. Great gift idea that is worth a try. Thanks for sharing this on "Bloggers Who Have Inspired me" Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so perfect! I wish I had some right now! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. It wouldn’t be a party without you!
    Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so great. I made my mom some brown sugar, vanilla scrub a few years ago. I think I'll make a bunch for little gifts this year. Love those square jars! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a merry Christmas season!

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...