Friday, December 12, 2014

Grey With A Pop of Yellow


apt. 9 sweater (similar, similar)
kohl's ankle boots (similar)
necklace and earrings, made by me (tutorial here, similar)

I recently got this grey batwing cardigan at a new consignment store in town.  After bringing it home, I wasn't really sure how I wanted to style it.  Since it wasn't too cold the day I wore it, I decided to go with a statement necklace instead of a scarf.  

I made this statement necklace a few months ago and really love the bright yellow color.  This grey and white combo needed a little something, and I think this necklace and earring set was perfect!  Paired it with my favorite jeans and black ankle boots.

This weekend my youngest daughter is having a sleepover party to celebrate her 12th birthday.  I have a mountain of snacks and all sorts of fun things planned for these six giggly girls.  She has been excited about it for weeks!  Hopefully there will be some sleep involved! :)

Linking up here.

26 comments:

  1. I love yellow especially when it is an added pop of color this time of year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I had to add something to the drag grey!

      Delete
  2. I love pairing gray with yellow. At first look this outfit is simple, but then your jewelry takes it to a whole other level! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is beautiful! You are so talented Stephanie. The whole look is really nice and I like the dressy yet casual feel to it.

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pops of yellow!!!

    www.hisfashionhighness.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with this color combination! I am currently in process of doing my living and dining room in these colors. You styled this cardigan perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! If you ever have me over, I'll fit right in! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Hi, that pop of colour looks great. with the grey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it was just what I needed! :)

      Delete
  7. I also did a post this week about wearing yellow in Winter. Love yellow, it's so happy and cheery which is why its so perfect in colder months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! Yellow is a cheery color for winter!

      Delete
  8. Loving the splash of colour! Those boots look lovely too.

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color splash, fabulous necklace and earrings!!

    Rosa

    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know your focus is on the necklace, but I really like the cardy. This style is growing on me more and more. You wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun necklace! I love it!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yellow is my favorite color, so of course, i'm obsessed with your accessories!'

    http://michellespaige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...