Monday, December 29, 2014

Camel Sweater and Black Skirt


old navy sweater (similar, similar, similar)
walmart cami, girl's dept. (similar)
pencil skirt, made by me (similar, similar)
infinity scarf, made by me (similar, similar)
target boot socks (similar, similar)
matisse cowgirl boots (similar, similar, similar)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I had a great time with my family and am enjoying my girls still being off from school.  We have been keeping very busy and are making plans for New Year's Eve.  It's great to be back after taking a few days off!

I love camel and black together, but I wanted to jazz this outfit up a little bit.  I added an infinity scarf that I made here, black tights, and my cowgirl boots and was out to the door.  I've had this sweater for a few years and I actually made this pencil skirt.  I don't have a tutorial for the skirt, but maybe I'll make another one soon and post the tutorial.

I also recently wrote that these boots were in the back of my closet but I resurrected them, and now I'm wearing them more.  It's amazing what happens when you rearrange some things!

Linking up here.

29 comments:

  1. Love how you styled your knits here Stephanie and I love Black+Tan together. That skirt is great and I like that you layered/wore socks.

    I have enjoyed your blog over the last couple of months. Thanks for following me as well. Happy 2015!!


    Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ada, you are so sweet! Thank you! I love following you as well! Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous new year!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your cozy look with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing the lovely things you made yourself in this post. I love them. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, thank you! I love to sew and refashion pretty much anything I can get my hands on! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this whole look, especially those boots!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family -xx

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shauna! Have a wonderful new year!!

      Delete
  5. Great outfit! I love that skirt and the color combo can't be beat. I think my closet would be resurrected if I got some things altered and ironed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey! Your closet comment made me smile! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so impressed that you made that skirt! Love the camel and black combo! You look great!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I appreciate the kind words! :)

      Delete
  7. Love this cozy & timeless look!!! Wishing you all the best for the New Year!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Wishing you a great 2015 too!!

      Delete
  8. Wow - I am impressed that you made your scarf and skirt. That skirt is too cute. Happy New Year!

    Lisa @ Daily Style Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Happy New Year to you too!!

      Delete
  9. So cute!! you are so adorable! I am doing a FREE BURBERRY fragrance giveaway if you want to enter!! www.xoxokat.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly pulled together. Nice color combinations too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit, great style! Thank you for joining the Trendy Wednesday link up.

    Leanne,
    http://www.classyyettrendy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so crafty, wearing a skirt and scarf you made! I really love the stripes/color of the scarf! Camel is so popular right now, I need to wear more of my camel sweaters and cardi's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just cannot get enough of boots this year. I would love some like these but I'm afraid at some point my husband isn't going to realize my closet isn't magic.... Right now I'm pretty sure he doesn't keep track of what I have in there - sooner or later he will catch on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...