Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Black Vest and Leggings

walmart leggings (similar, similar)
knit vest, old (similar, similar, similar, similar)
kohl's ankle boots (similar, similar)
scarf, thrifted

I have had this knit vest in my closet for so many years that I can't even remember when I bought it.  For some reason it never makes the donation pile...I think it's because it's black (so it goes with everything) and because it's long enough to cover my bum, plus it's very comfy.

I just added my grey long sleeve tee, black leggings, black ankle boots and a scarf.  Not a very colorful outfit, but that's okay sometimes.  We've had so many dreary, cloudy days here lately that I guess I fit right in!  I sure hope the sun comes out soon!

Linking up here.

22 comments:

  1. I too have worn similar outfits with my knit vests and leggings. Of course with a scarf too. A scarf can make all the difference. So simple yet tres chic!

    P.S. Check out how I styled my LBD 6 ways. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie!

    I adore this black vest and I totally feel ya on having pieces that have been meant for the charity pile, but never make it because you have a feeling that "one day, you will wear it!" Love this look on you and looking forward to following along in the future!

    Chelsea

    www.gingersideoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Stephanie, I'm loving that vest! So pretty and that scarf adds a nice touch! You look adorable as always!
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful crochet vest - I would hang on to it, too! I like your color pallet and adore how you tied your pretty scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and gray colors! Great style! Thank you for joining the Trendy Wednesday Link Up!

    Leanne,
    www.classyyettrendy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crochet vest is so pretty! Love the black and gray combo!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't donate that vest, it's too cute! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool
    lets follow each other?
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/
    happy Christmas
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute scarf!!

    http://michellespaige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. vest or waistcoats as we call them come in handy whenever you want to change an outfit or add another dimention. Love how this has so much texture. I like how you've added a light scarf under your chin to brighten your complexion. You look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  11. What a great vest Stephanie - I love how unique it is. Glad you kept it.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the white/black scarf that you've worn with this mostly black outfit really pulls it all together and makes it look really polished.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...