Monday, November 10, 2014

DIY T-shirt Scarf


I recently made this t-shirt scarf and I wanted to share it with you because it is super easy!  You can use any new or old t-shirt.  Husband's old t-shirts work great for this!

This started out as an adult size small t-shirt.  The larger the t-shirt size, the longer the scarf.


I cut the bottom off close to the armpit.


Next, cut the hem off the bottom, just along the stitching.


Fold your t-shirt tube in half and leave about 1 1/2" to 2" as shown here.


On the folded edge, cut up and through the first fold, but not the second fold. This will help all your loops stay together.  Cut your strips about and inch in width, and cut all the way across. (Please ignore the cat hair.  No matter how much I vacuum, it's always there.)


Take each loop that you cut and pull so the edges curl.  You need to do each strip individually.  This is what it should look like when each strip is pulled.


Here is a close-up.


Ta da!  Now you have a t-shirt scarf!  Shown here it is looped around my daughter's neck twice, but you could also just let it hang.  With a larger t-shirt it may be able to wrap around multiple times.  Just play around with it until you get a look that you like.  Here my oldest daughter is modeling it.


While I was at it, I made these two also.



Go find a t-shirt and make one!  It's very easy and the possibilities are endless.  You'll be glad you did!  

Linking up here.

16 comments:

  1. You did a great job creating the t-shirt scarf necklace. I especially love how the bright-colored ones look.

    P.S. How do I follow you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can click on one of my social media buttons on the top right of this blog. Let me know if you have any problems.

      Delete
  2. How creative! They look just like actual scarves! -xo

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is an actual scarf, just made out of a t-shirt.

      Delete
  3. What a cool concept this is! Thanks for sharing this Stephanie and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Stephanie! This is something I have never ever seen before! I will definitely remember this the next time I want to get rid of a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how neat and creative :) I will have to try it for sure. Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up! This DIY is so great and looks super easy!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great idea, and I may do this on a couple old stain shirt.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea for a scarf! Thanks for sharing your DIY creativeness with Celebrate Southern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! So funky!
    Heather Wyancko
    http://thriftstories.me

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...