Monday, November 24, 2014

DIY Infinity Scarf From Pajama Pants


Several weeks ago my sister cut off the bottom of her pajama pants because they were too long.  She asked me if I wanted the scrap fabric . . . heck yeah!!  I love the black and white pinstripes so I decided to make an infinity scarf out of it.  Crazy, I know, but I am all about refashioning things and creating new out of what I already have.

This is what it started out as.  Two lonely chopped off pant legs.


I first had to cut off the hem because I was going to join both ends.


I put one leg inside the other, right sides together and pinned.  I sewed about a 1/2 inch seam all the way around.


Next, I opened the tube so it was right side out.  Keeping it right side out, I folded the tube in half and pinned the inside two pieces together.  This is where it gets a little tricky to explain, but just sew around until you can't sew anymore.  (This will make sense when you're doing it.)


I was left with an opening that I hand stitched closed.


I threw on your my scarf and smiled proudly!  I made an infinity scarf that cost me nothing!  Thanks, sissy!!  What else do you have that I can refashion?  {wink!}


 infinity scarf, made by me (similar, similar)

Linking up here.

20 comments:

  1. Very cute and easy. I love the strip against the red!

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kreyola! I liked it with my sweater too, and I love pinstripes!

      Delete
  2. Very clever! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!! #PersonalStyleLinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to reuse the pants!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew I had to do something with them! :)

      Delete
  5. You put me to shame Stephaine. I can never be bothered with anything like this, you make it look so simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile. Really, it was simple to make!

      Delete
  6. Very crafty! Love how you were able to repurpose these scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how neat and creative. You look lovely in it too :) Rachel xo
    http://garaytreasures.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative! Love the outcome and thank you for linking up.

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...