Thursday, November 20, 2014

A Beautiful Gift From My Mom - Italian Murano Glass Necklace and Earrings

old navy sweater (similar)
target cami, girl's dept, (similar)
kohl's boots (similar)
Italian Murano Glass necklace and earrings, gift from my mom

My mom recently took a 2-week trip to Europe and she brought me back this Italian Murano Glass necklace and earring set.  I absolutely LOVE the intricate design and all of the vibrant colors.  She explained the process in which they make this glass, and I'm truly amazed by it.  (You can read a little bit about it here.)

I couldn't wait to wear it!  I wanted the jewelry to be the focal point of my outfit, so I chose a blue cami to bring out the blue colors, a black cardigan opened at the neckline, and bootcut jeans.  I could also easily have dressed this up with pants or a dress.  I can't wait to try wearing it other ways!  Thanks mom!

Linking up here.

19 comments:

  1. Love those jewels. Beautiful gift indeed. Great cable-knit cardigan, also.

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, friend! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great necklace!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It is always nice to receive jewelry as a souvenir gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love souvenir gifts, especially from other countries! :)

      Delete
  5. I just love your casual style - too cute! The jewelry your mom gave you is so pretty - I love all the beautiful colors. Such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents brought me back Murano glass, too awhile back. It's so so pretty. Love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ho fun that you have some Murano glass too! I love mine!

      Delete
  7. Your necklace and earrings are beautiful and so perfect with that outfit. I just love that you are jeans kinda girl...that's my life too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! I'm all about jeans and glad you are too! As a stay-at-home mom that's about all I wear. :)

      Delete
  8. I just love gifts like this. So unique and pretty. Murano glass is so beautiful and I just love the chandeliers.

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful jewelery set. Looks lovely how you've styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous jewelry! I love how you've styled it casually, which helps set off the colors in the jewelry. :)

    Jen @ Librarian for Life + Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to Murano many many moons ago when I was a poor college student and saw the glass making process. Such an incredible form of art. Love this jewelry set.

    Thank for you joining TBT Fashion link up!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...