Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Quick And Easy Taco Soup


I love soup, and with fall already here, I thought I would share one of my family's favorite.  This is so easy to make and only takes about 25 minutes.  It's healthy and very filling.  Just add a side salad and call it dinner!

Taco Soup
Makes 12 servings, 1 cup each

1 lb. extra lean ground beef (I use lean ground turkey)
1 onion, chopped
3 cans (15 1/2oz. each) mild chili beans, undrained
1 can (14 1/2oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained (I puree mine)
1 can (14 1/2oz.) corn, undrained (I use about 1 cup frozen corn)
1 can (8oz.) tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 c. water
Shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef with onions in a large saucepan; drain.  Add all remaining ingredients, except cheese, and stir.  Bring to a boil.  Simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Serve topped with cheese.  Enjoy!

If you have favorite soup recipes, please let me know and I will be happy to share!  Just email me your recipe.

Linking up with :  A Time for Seasons  / 

4 comments:

  1. I would quite enjoy some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! yum yum yum! This sounds s good. I love these types of recipes once the weather starts to chill. I am going to have to try this one. And now I'm hungry! Thanks for sharing!

    J @ Bless Her Heart Y'all
    Join us on Tuesdays for the Celebrate Southern link up, anyone can join us!
    www.blessherheartyall.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...