Friday, October 10, 2014

Cleaning Out My Closet...Again!

A few weeks ago I was packing for the weekend and trying to decide what to wear.  I wasn't sure what the weather was going to be like, so I had several things out on the bed.  My two daughters came in and offered to help.  Oh boy!  While choosing what to wear, they quickly told me what items they thought were ugly in my closet and that I should get rid of!  Really??!!  Should I even mention that they were overly excited to do this??

So, we went through every article of clothing I own...in the closet and the drawers, as well as shoes and belts, and I mean everything.  The funny thing is, they both agreed on all the things to get rid of!  We laughed and laughed about some of the comments they made about my clothes.  To see things through an 11 and 13 year old's eyes!

My wardrobe was thinned out by at least 1/3!  This may not look like much, but the pile was deep!


Needless to say, I put everything they thought should be donated into a large trash bag.  The next day when they were at school I thought I'd sneak a look in the bag and resurrect some things without them knowing, but I realized they were just clothes and that someone else could use them more than me.  There was nothing in that bag that I had to have back in my closet, and that's a good thing.

Even though I just cleaned out my closet a couple of months ago and got rid of many clothes, it was good to go through it again.  Now I really get to rework my clothing options.  It's all good! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Love this, it's great inspiration for me to go through my closet!! Have great weekend!
    xo,
    Monica
    GlamVolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 1/3 of your closet cleaned out! This is an inspiring post! I need to weed through my closet. I would love to have 1/3 extra space! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know! I couldn't believe how much I cleaned out, but it was such a good feeling! I love the extra space in the closet! I can actually see things now! :)

      Delete
  3. You can never go wrong with a LBD. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! The LBD is a staple in my closet!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...