Friday, October 3, 2014

5 Things I Love About Fall


It's officially FALL!  It actually started last week and I have been thinking about what I really love about this season.  With the cooler temperatures...
  1. Apples - I love apples...all varieties!  There are so many things you can make with apples...apple pie, apple cobbler, chop an apple and mix it in your morning oatmeal, caramel apples.  And then there's cider and cider donuts, baked apples.  My daughter did a post on Apple Oatmeal In An Apple Bowl that is so yummy!
  2. Hot Chocolate - Who doesn't love a warm mug of hot chocolate?  Sprinkle on some cocoa powder, add some whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and you have a great warm-me-up drink.  From a mix or make your own, there are so many options.
  3. Boots - I am really into boots right now...ankle boots, mid-calf boots, riding boots...you name it.  I've been itching for the weather to cool down so I can wear them without sweating!  Boots can be worn with skirts, dresses, jeans, leggings, pretty much anything!  I have several styles and I plan on getting a lot of wear out of them.
  4. Scarves - I really like to wear scarves!  I'm one of those people that gets cold when it's below 75 degrees, so I've really learned to wear scarves.  For some reason if my neck is warm, I'm warm.  I have several scarves in varying colors, textures and lengths and I enjoy experimenting with ways to wear them.  They can really add a lot to an outfit!
  5. Denim - From jeans to denim jackets and vests.  Right now skinny and super skinny are my go-to styles of jeans, although I still have some boot-cut jeans that I prefer to wear with a higher heel.  You can never go wrong with a denim jacket and they are good to transition into fall.  There are so many styles and colors out there to fit your style.  Denim vests are also great transitioning pieces.
What are your favorite things about fall?   Food?  Fashion?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...