Friday, September 12, 2014

Yummy Pumpkin Muffins


Hello and happy Friday!  It's very chilly here today, so I thought I'd share this recipe so you can make some of these this weekend.  Pumpkin muffins are one of my favorite things to bake in the fall.  They smell wonderful while they are baking and taste even better!  I made these the other night while watching this sunset.  These muffins are so easy to make and I usually double the recipe because they don't last long at my house.  I use half the amount of sugar and brown sugar than the recipe calls for, and my kids don't know the difference!

Pumpkin Muffins
Makes about 2 dozen (filled halfway)

3 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs and 2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 can (15oz.) canned pumpkin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except pumpkin.  Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.  By hand, stir in pumpkin puree.  Scoop into well greased muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Remove from pans and cool completely.  Store refrigerated.

These are great for breakfast or a snack!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...