Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Everyday Outfits - Summer To Fall Transition


I transitioned this summer dress to fall by layering it with a dark blue chambray button-up and flats.  The dress is a tank dress that just wasn't warm enough to wear by itself.

I'm also doing a little pattern mixing...the chambray has tiny polka dots on it, and the dress is striped!  I wore the tan flats because they were neutral.  I wasn't too sure about the pattern mixing, but I really liked it and got several comments when I was out and about!  It was pretty subtle, so I think it worked.

I'm really enjoying  transitioning some summer pieces to fall outfits because this gives me more mileage out of my wardrobe.  I also could have worn this button-up under the tank dress for a completely different look.  It's also fun for me to see what I can find that works...more often than not, I surprise myself!  I recently posted this about transitioning pieces.

What are ways you find to transition pieces?  How do you layer?

Linking up with: The Pleated Poppy  /  Shopping My Closet 

4 comments:

  1. Your pattern mixing is subtle...just the way I like it on myself. I see others doing it boldly, which I don't have the courage to do. Or should I say, I don't think the bold mixing will work for me. I much prefer understated and minimalist on myself.

    It is tough to transition in California. Often times the summer months extend into January. Bypassing fall altogether. If it's hot it's hot - if it's cold it's cold. Usually no in between. But in the rare instance that the temps come down to the low 70s to 60s, I'll layer with a cardigan or fine gauge sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, you are so sweet. Thank you. I have always lived in the Midwest and had 4 seasons, so I don't know what it would be like to have spring/summer weather all the time. Unfortunately where I live now, we get a lot of snow. :(

      Delete
  2. A chambray top over a dress is the perfect way to transition into fall! Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really into chambray anything right now! :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...