Monday, August 11, 2014

Man's Dress Shirt to Cute Button-up Refashion Tutorial



I love a good refashion!  This was a man's size large dress shirt that I saw numerous possibilities with.  It is a very soft linen.  Plus, I think I got it for $2.00!

It started out looking like this...big and baggy.


First off, I had to remove those pockets!  With the large flap, it just screamed "man's shirt"!  Then I cut off the cuffs just above the button.


I turned it wrong side out and pinned where I wanted to take it in.  I wanted it a little loose, since it would be worn as a tunic at times.


Then I sewed along my pin line on both sides and trimmed the excess.  I finished my raw edges with a zigzag stitch so they wouldn't fray.  I finished my cuff edges by ironing and then stitching.


I love how it turned out and it is very versatile.  I wore it here tied at the waist, but it could be worn as a tunic or tucked in as well.   The skirt was refashioned by me in this dress to skirt refashion tutorial.

The possibilities are endless!  Try and make one for yourself and let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...