Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's Almost That Time Again . . . Back To School



It's hard to believe it's that time again...back to school...and I have a 6th grader and an 8th grader this year.  In some ways I'm excited for it, but other times I wish summer would last forever.  Since I am a stay-at-home mom I love having my girls home over the summer.  I have tried to make this summer a fun one, but with going through chemo and not being able to be out and about and in crowds, we had to have more fun around home.

One thing I love about the girls heading back to school is the shopping.  My husband (God love him) took our girls to get all of their school supplies and sneakers, but when it comes to clothes, they want their momma to help them.  We actually ended up ordering several things online for them so I could avoid the crowds in the stores.  Hovering around the computer screen and saying YAY or NAY to the styles was quite fun!  Old Navy and all their sales was a big bonus this year!  My girls have totally different tastes in clothes which makes it interesting.

I also get excited about fall clothes.  Summer is my favorite season as far as weather, but as for dressing fashionably, well it comes down to a cami and skirt or T-shirt and shorts, maybe a dress every once in a while.  It's just too hot for layers!  I love the cooler weather when you can bring out the long sleeves, scarves, boots, etc.  Since writing about cleaning out your closet, I am really excited about wearing the things I have in my closet in different ways.  Stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...