Friday, August 29, 2014

Crockpot Mexican Chicken


I love my Crockpot!  I love that you can fill it with ingredients in the morning and at dinner time you have a meal prepared for you.  What could be better on a busy day?  This recipe is one of my family's favorites and we have it quite frequently, so I thought I would share.  My husband and kids prefer it with tortilla chips, but healthy mom (me) prefers it over brown rice.  It doesn't look yummy in the picture, but trust me, it's delish!

Crockpot Mexican Chicken
makes 6 servings

2-3 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes (I puree mine in the blender or my kids won't eat it)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (here I used navy beans because it's what I had)
1 can Mexican chili beans
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 can black olives (optional, I don't use)
1 can chopped green chilies (optional, I use if I have them)

Layer chicken on the bottom of Crockpot.  Add remaining ingredients in order listed.  Do not stir.  Cook on low 7-8 hours.  Take chicken out and shred with two forks.  Return chicken to Crockpot and stir well.

Serve with tortilla chips, on a bed of brown rice, or in a flour tortilla as a wrap.  Serve with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese...whatever other toppings you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...