Friday, July 25, 2014

String Wrapped Bottles and Jars Tutorial


Today I thought I'd share a little craft idea with you.  My daughters and I recently wrapped some old bottles and jars with embroidery floss to add some color to our mantle and a shelf in their bathroom.  We just glued the beginning of the string and wrapped it tightly in a random pattern and glued the end down.  We switched colors here and there to create colorful, haphazard stripes.  We didn't want it to look perfect, but rather unique.  I love how they turned out!



These were old jars that I just soaked in hot, soapy water to get the labels off.  If some of the glue from the label remained, it was covered up by the string.  This project cost me $0...the jars were going to be recycled anyway, I already had the glue and the embroidery floss.  These add a pop of color to any shelf or space.  Try making your own!  Be creative!

1 comment:

  1. These string wrapped jars are adorable! great craft for all levels, easy to personalize and best of all recycled storage! If you haven't seen our new recycle Craft Challenge month long link up, I hope you will come link up this craft for us! http://2crochethooks.com/first-craft-challenge/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...