Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Simple Dress Refashion Tutorial


I got this dress while thrifting, but it was a little big.  I don't have pictures of the refashion in progress (sorry), but it was very simple.  This is a knit dress and worked out well.  I tried it on wrong side out, pinned it where I wanted it to fit, and sewed down the pin line. I didn't measure, I just eyeballed it.  I started at the edge of the sleeve and sewed until I reached the hem.  I cut off the excess fabric and I was good to go!  With knits, the fabric doesn't fray, so there is no need to finish the edges.  Yay!

I added a wide black belt (thrifted), tights from Target (similar), and shoes from Payless (exact).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...