Monday, July 21, 2014

Easy Ruffled Tank Tutorial


I don't have step-by step instructions for this refashion, but trust me, this is very EASY to do.  I simply cut off the sleeves at the seam, as well as the neckline (these both happened to be V-neck t-shirts).  No need to finish the edges because knits don't fray.  I cut the sleeves down the seam and into strips lengthwise about 2" wide.  I ruffled them close to the edge, as shown in this recent tutorial.   I sewed them onto the shirt around the neckline and was good to go!  I love how this went from an ordinary t-shirt to a flirty and a stylish tank top!




Try making one yourself!  These are great to make if you have a shirt that has a stain on the sleeve (don't ask me how I know this! wink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...